An aeroplane is flying at a constant horizontal velocity of 600 km/hr at an elevation of 6 km towards a point directly above the target on the earth's surface. At an appropriate time, the pilot releases a ball so that it strikes the target at the earth. The ball will appear to be falling
(1) On a parabolic path as seen by pilot in the plane
(2) Vertically along a straight path as seen by an observer on the ground near the target
(3) On a parabolic path as seen by an observer on the ground near the target
(4) On a zig-zag path as seen by pilot in the plane
Concept Videos :-
Concept Questions :-
(3) The pilot will see the ball falling in straight line because the reference frame is moving with the same horizontal velocity but the observer at rest will see the ball falling in parabolic path.