Read the following statements (IV) and answer the question which follows them
I. In liverworts, mosses and ferns gametophytes are free living.
II. Gymnosperms and some ferns are heterospores.
III. Sexual reproduction in Fucus, Volvox and Albugo is oogamous.
IV. The sporophyte in liverworts is more elaborate than that in mosses.
How many of the above statemetns are correct?
Meiosis takes place in
Cycas and Adiantum resemble each other in having
(2) motile sperms
Which one of the following is a correct statement?
(1) Pteridophyte gametophyte has a protonemal and leafy stage
(2) In gymnosperms female gametophyte is free-living
(3) Antheridiophores and archegoniophores are present in pteridophytes
(4) Origin of seed habit can be traced in pteridophytes
Which one of the following is common to multicellular fungi, filamentous algae and protonema of mosses?
(1) Diplontic life cycle
(2) Members of kingdom-Plantae
(3) Mode of nutrition
(4) Multiplication by fragmentation
Gymnosperms are also called soft wood spermatophhytes because they lack
(2) phloem fibres
(3) thick-walled tracheids
(4) xylem fibres
Compared with the gametophytes of the bryophytes, the gametophytes of vascular plants tends to be
(1) larger but to have smaller sex organs
(2) larger and to have large sex organs
(3) smaller and to have smaller sex organs
(4) smaller but to have larger sex organs
The gametophyte is not an independent, free living generation in
Archegoniophore is present in