Thermococcus, Methanococcus and Methanobacterium exemplify
(1) archaebacteria that contain protein homologous to eukarytic core histones
(2) archaebacteria that lack any histones resembling those found in eukaryotes but whose DNA is negatively supercoiled
(3) bacteria whose DNA is relaxed or positively supercoiled but which have a cytoskeleton as well as mitochondria
(4) bacteria that contain a cytoskeleton and ribosomes
Which of the following is a flowering plant with nodules containing filamentous nitrogen-fixing microorganism?
(1) Casuarina equisetifolia
(2) Crotolaria juncea
(3) Cycas revoluta
(4) Cicer arietinum
Which of the following is a slime mould?
Ergot of rye is caused by a species of:
True nucleus is absent in
Cell wall is absent in
Which of the following shows coiled RNA strand and capsomeres?
(1) Polio virus
(2) Tobacco mosaic virus
(3) Measles virus
(1) DNA enclosed in a protein coat
(2) prokaryotic nucleus
(3) single chromosome
(4) Both DNA and RNA
Cellulose is the major component of cell walls of
Which of the following components provides sticky character to the bacterial cell?
(1) Cell wall
(2) Nuclear membrane
(3) Plasma membrane