Which one single organism or the pair of organisms is correctly assigned to its or their named taxonomic group?
(1) Paramecium and Plasmodium belong to the same kingdom as that of Penicillium
(2) Lichen is a composite organism formed from the symbiotic association of an algae and a protozoan
(3) Yeast used in making bread and beer is a fungus
(4) Nostoc and Anabaena are examples of Protista
(3) Yeast or saccharomyces cerevisiae is a fungus of class-Ascomycetes. Saccharomyces sp. are widely used in baking and brewing industries. Paramecium and Plasmodium belong to kingdom-Protista, Penicillium belongs to kingdom-fungi. Lichen is a composite organism formed from the symbiotic association of algae and fungi.
Nostoc and Anabaena are examples of cyanobacteria or blue-green algae.