Read the following five statements (I to V) and select the option with all correct statements.
I. Mosses and lichens are the first organisms to colonise a bare rock.
II. Selaginella is a homosporous pteridophyte.
III. Coralloid roots in Cycas have VAM.
IV. main plant body in bryophytes is gametophytic, whereas in pteridophytes it is sporophytic.
V. In gymnosperms, male and female gametophytes are present within sporangia located on sporophyte.
(1) I, III and IV
(2) II, III and IV
(3) I, IV and V
(4) II, III and V
Zygotic meiosis is characteristic of
An example of colonial alga is
Select the mismatch
Double fertilisation is exhibited by
Life cycle of Ectocarpus and Fucus respectively are
(1) Haplontic, Diplontic
(2) Diplontic, Haplodiplontic
(3) Haplodiplontic, Diplontic
(4) Haplodiplontic, Haplontic
Conifers are adapted to tolerate extreme environmental conditions because of
(1) broad hardy leaves
(2) superficial stomata
(3) thick cuticle
(4) the presence of vessels
Which one of the following statements is wrong?
(1) Algae increases the level of dissolved oxygen in the immediate environment
(2) Algin is obtained from red algae and carrageen from brown algae
(3) Agar-agar is obtained from Gelidium and Gracilaria
(4) Laminaria and Sargassum are used as food
In bryophytes and pteriodophytes, transport of male gametes requires
Select the correct statement.
(1) Salvinia, Ginkgo and Pinus all are gymnosperms
(2) Sequoia is one of the tallest trees
(3) The leaves of gymnosperms are not well adapted to extremes of climate
(4) Gymnosperms are both homosporous and heterosporous