Evolutionary history of an organism is known as :
Which one of the following is not a correct statement?
1. Herbarium houses dried, pressed and preserved plant specimens
2. Botanical gardens have collection of living plants for reference
3. A museum has collection of photographs of plants and animals
4. Key is a taxonomic aid for identification of specimens
Nicotiana sylvestris flowers only during long days and N.tabacum flowers only during short days. If raised in the laboratory under different photoperiods, they can be induced to flower at the same time and can be cross-fertilized to produce self-fertile offspring. What is the best reason for considering N.sylvestris and N.tabacum to be separation species?
(1) They cannot interbreed in nature
(2) They are reproductively distinct
(3) They are physiologically distinct
(4) They are morphologically distinct
The taxon which includes related species is
Match the following columns and select the correct option.
|Column I||Column II|
||(ii)||Common Indian frog|
(1) A - (ii), B - (v), C - (i), D - (iii), E - (iv)
(2) A - (iv), B - (i), C - (v), D - (iii), E - (ii)
(3) A - (ii), B - (v), C - (iii), D - (i), E - (iv)
(4) A - (iv), B - (i), C - (v), D - (ii), E - (iii)
Which of the following features can be said to be a true defining feature of living beings without any exception?
(1) They can digest their food
(2) All of them can reproduce
(3) They can regenerate
(4) They can respond to external stimuli
Select the correct sequence for Homo erectus.
(1) Erectus → homo → primata → chordata → animalia
(2) Homo → erectus → primata → animalia → chordata
(3) Homo → erectus → primata → chordata → animalia
(4) Erectus → homo → animalia → primata → chordata
Which of the following is the correct scientific name of wheat derived by binominal nomenclature?
(1) Triticum Vulgare
(2) Triticum aestivum
(3) Oryza sativa
(4) Zea mays
Taxonomic hierarchy refers to
(1) step-wise arrangement of all categories for classification of plants and animals
(2) a group of senior taxonomists, who decide the nomenclature of plants and animals
(3) a list of botanists or zoologists, who have worked on taxonomy of a species or group
(4) classification of a species based on fossil record
Find out the wrong statement out-
a. Increase in mass and increase in number of individuals are twin characteristics of growth.
b. Growth, reproduction and ability to respond are the only unique features of living organisms.
c. a and b both
d. Metabolism, ability to self-replicate and self-organise are the unique features of living organisms.