An aeroplane is moving with a velocity u. It drops a packet from a height h. The time t taken by the packet in reaching the ground will be
An aeroplane is moving with horizontal velocity u at height h. The velocity of a packet dropped from it on the earth's surface will be (g is acceleration due to gravity)
(3) 2 gh
A bullet is fired with a speed of in order to hit a target 100 m away. If , the gun should be aimed:
(1) Directly towards the target
(2) 5 cm above the target
(3) 10 cm above the target
(4) 15 cm above the target
A body sliding on a smooth inclined plane requires 4 seconds to reach the bottom starting from rest at the top. How much time does it take to cover one-fourth distance starting from the rest at the top?
(1) 1 s
(2) 2 s
(3) 4 s
(4) 16 s
The time taken by a block of wood (initially at rest) to slide down a smooth inclined plane 9.8 m long (angle of inclination is ) is:
(2) 2 sec
(3) 4 sec
(4) 1 sec
Read the assertion and reason carefully to mark the correct option out of the options given below:
(1) If both assertion and reason are true and the reason is the correct explanation of the assertion.
(2) If both assertion and reason are true but reason is not the correct explanation of the assertion.
(3) If assertion is true but reason is false.
(4) If the assertion and reason both are false.
(5) If assertion is false but reason is true.
Assertion : Rocket in flight is not an illustration of projectile.
Reason : Rocket takes flight due to combustion of fuel and does not move under the gravity effect alone.
If the body is moving in a circle of radius r with a constant speed v, its angular velocity is:
Two racing cars of masses m1 and m2 are moving in circles of radii r1 and r2 respectively. Their speeds are such that each makes a complete circle in the same duration of time t. The ratio of the angular speed of the first to the second car is
(1) m1 : m2
(2) r1 : r2
(3) 1 : 1
(4) m1 r1 : m2 r2
If a particle moves in a circle describing equal angles in equal times, its velocity vector:
(1) remains constant.
(2) changes in magnitude.
(3) changes in direction.
(4) changes both in magnitude and direction.
A motorcyclist going round in a circular track at a constant speed has:
(1) constant linear velocity.
(2) constant acceleration.
(3) constant angular velocity.
(4) constant force.