Identify the correct statement regarding the part of cell the structure of which is shown in the given diagram:
1. It is not found in the plant cells
2. It serves to provide attachment with surface for a bacterial cell
3. The structure is made of protein called flagellin
4. It can be used for movement by a eukaryotic cell
What is true regarding the chromosome shown in the diagram given below?
1. It is a metacentric chromosome with A called satellite and B called secondary constriction
2. It is a metacentric chromosome with B called satellite and A called secondary constriction
3. It is a submetacentric chromosome with A called satellite and B called secondary constriction
4. It is a submetacentric chromosome with B called satellite and A called secondary constriction
In the given diagram of chloroplast enzymes required for the synthesis of carbohydrates and proteins are located in:
In the given diagram, what is true for both A and B?
1. They are involved in protein synthesis
2. They synthesize steroidal hormones in animal cells
3. They are a part of endomembranous system of a eukaryotic cell
4. They are continuous with the inner membrane of the nucleus
Match each item in Column I with one item in Column II and chose your answer from the codes given below.
III. Intermediate filaments
1. prototplasmic streaming
2. movement of chromosomes
3. animal cell-cell junctions
I II III
1. 1 2 3
2. 2 3 1
3. 2 1 3
4. 3 2 1
Which of the following structure is not found in a prokaryotic cell?
(1) Nuclear envelope
(4) Plasma membrane
Algae have cell wall made up of
(1) cellulose, galactans and mannans
(2) hemicellulose, pectins and proteins
(3) pectins, cellulose and proteins
(4) cellulose, hemicellulose and pectins
Pigment-containing membranous extensions in some cyanobacteria are
(2) basal bodies
Which among the following are the smallest living cells, known without a definite cell wall, pathogenic to plants as well as animals and can survive without oxygen?
Which of the following cell organelles is responsible for extracting energy from carbohydrates to form ATP?