The features seen in the gymnosperm Cycas include:
I. Coralloid roots
II. Unbranched stems
III. Pinnate persistent leaves for a few years
IV. Male cones and megasporophyllys borne on same plant
1. I and II only
2. I and IV only
3. I, II and III only
4. I, II, III, and IV
Both bryophytes and pteridophytes:
1. are vascular cryptogams
2. have a dominant sporophyte
3. reproduce only sexually
4. are haplo-diplontic
The first group of terrestrial plants to get rid of the swimming sperm was the:
(1) Club mosses
The life cycle pattern shown in the given diagram is not seen in:
The given diagrams shown:-
(1) An alga that lacks flagellated cells
(2) A liverwort
(3) A heterosporous pteridophyte
(4) A gymnosperm with non motile sperms
Identify the statement that most accurately describes the plant shown in the given figure:
(1) This the male prothallus of Marchantia; A is antheridiophore and B is Gemma cup
(2) This the female prothallus of Marchantia; A is archegoniophore and B is Gemma cup
(3) This the male prothallus of Sphagnum; A is antheridiophore and B is Gemma cup
(4) This the female prothallus of spahgnum; A is archegoniphore and B is Gemma cup
Which one is a wrong statement?
(1) Archegonia are found in Bryophyta, Pteridophyta and Gymnosperms.
(2) Mucor has biflagellate zoospores.
(3) Haploid endosperm is typical feature of gymnosperm.
(4) Brown algae have chlorophyll-a and c, and fucoxanthin.
Read the following five statements (I to V) and select the option with all correct statements.
I. Mosses and lichens are the first organisms to colonise a bare rock.
II. Selaginella is a homosporous pteridophyte.
III. Coralloid roots in Cycas have VAM.
IV. main plant body in bryophytes is gametophytic, whereas in pteridophytes it is sporophytic.
V. In gymnosperms, male and female gametophytes are present within sporangia located on sporophyte.
(1) I, III and IV
(2) II, III and IV
(3) I, IV and V
(4) II, III and V
Zygotic meiosis is characteristic of
An example of colonial alga is