From the following, which is the most basic hydroxide?
Which is colorless in water?
CrO42- and MnO4- are strong yellow and intense purple respectively in aqueous solution The darkening of colour is due to
1. charge transfer
2. d-d transition
3. half-filled d-sub shells
4. increasing number of unpaired electron
In the dichromate ion Cr2O72-,
1. 4 Cr-O bonds are equivalent
2. 6 Cr-O bonds are equivalent
3. All Cr-O bonds are equivalent
4. None of Cr-O bonds are equivalent
Electronic configuration of a transition element X in +3 Oxidation state is [Ar]3d5.
What is its atomic number?
Magnetic moment of K3[Fe(CN)5(H2O)] is
Name the gas that can readily decolourise acidified KMnO4 solution.
HgCl2 and I2 both when dissolved in water containing I- ions the pair of species formed is
(a) HgI2, (b) HgI2, I-
(c) (d) Hg2I2, I-
Which one of the following statements related to lanthanons is incorrect?
(1) Europium shows +2 oxidation state
(2) The basicity decreases as the ionic radius decreases from Pr to Lu
(3) All the lanthanons are much more reactive than aluminium
(4) Ce (+4) solutuion are widely used as oxidising agent in volumetric analysis
Which one of the following statements is correct when SO2 is passed through acidified
1. The solution is decolourized
2. SO2 is reduced
3. Green Cr2(SO4)3 is formed
4. The solution turns blue