Biodiversity loss is now one of the world's most pressing crises. The primary reason for this is:
1. we cannot do anything about it
2. we are not responsible for this loss
3. we still do not know its entire extent
4. it is affecting only the developing countries
(3) This is the problem. We get lot of direct benefits from biodiversity such as drugs. Only 1.8 million species have been known and described out of estimated 8 million. Imagine what we are losing without aware about it. It is like a library catching fire even before the books are properly catalogued.