Emergency contraceptive methods must be employed within:
1. 72 hours of ovulation
2. 72 hours of onset of menstrual flow
3. 72 hours of unprotected coitus
4. 72 hours of cessation of menstrual flow
Identify the incorrect statement regarding surgical birth control methods:
1. They are also called as "sterilization" procedures
2. In males vasectomy and in females tubectomy is advised
3. They are terminal methods to prevent any more pregnancies
4. These methods are hugely popular all over the world
ART [used to help infertile couples] stands for:
1. Assisted Reproductive Technologies
2. Artificial Reproductive Technologies
3. Augmented Reproductive Technologies
4. Anomalous Reproductive Technologies
In 'test-tube baby' procedure:
1. Fertilization is in-vitro but embryo development is in-vivo
2. Fertilization is in-vivo but embryo development is in-vitro
3. Both fertilization and embryo development are in-vitro
4. Both fertilization and embryo development are in-vivo
Which of the following is the least effective method of birth control?
2. rhythm method
3. the pill
The drug RU-486 is taken after sexual intercourse. It blocks implantation, and in this sense it prevents pregnancy_.
1. like spermicidal foam
2. in a manner similar to tubal ligation
3. like the familiar birth control pill used for the last 30 years
4 by blocking progesterone receptors in the uterus, thus preventing progesterone from maintaining pregnancy
Birth control pills contain synthetic estrogen and progesterone. How might these hormones prevent pregnancy?
1. They cause the corpus luteum to degenerate.
2. They keep the pituitary from secreting FSH and LH, so ovulation does not occur.
3. They cause the lining of the uterus to be sloughed off.
4 They trigger premature ovulation, before an egg is mature.
Transfer of an ovum collected from a donor into the fallopian tube of another female is called as:
1. Inhibit testosterone production
2. Prevent sperm from entering the semen
3. Inhibit spem production
4. Interfere with male potency
Periodic abstinence is a natural method of contraception where the couples avoid or abstain from coitus during the period of the menstrual cycle when:
1. There is menstrual flow
2. The ovulation is most likely to occur
3. The corpus luteum is most active
4. The proliferative phase begins