ATP production during cellular respiration is controlled by allosteric inhibition. The control is the allosteric inhibition by ATP and citric acid of the enzyme that facilitates the formation of:
1. Glucose 6- phosphate from glucose
2. Fructose 1,6- bisphosphate from Fructose 6 - phosphate
3. Acetyl CoA from Pyruvic acid
4. Citric acid from Acetyl CoA and Oxaloacetic acid
When proteins are used as respiratory substrates, the respiratory quotient would be about:
The mitochondrial electron transport chain is located in:
1. Outer membrane
2. Inner membrane
3. Inter membrane space
The useful purpose served by lactate fermentation is:
1. Make lactose available for gluconeogenesis
2. Production of additional ATP in anaerobic conditions
3. Regeneration of NAD+
4. Increased availability of oxygen for the skeletal muscle
The primary role of oxygen in cellular respiration is to:
1. yield energy in the form of ATP as it is passed down the respiratory chain.
2. act as an acceptor for electrons and hydrogen, forming water
3. combine with carbon, forming CO2.
4. combine with lactate, forming pyruvate.
Which of the following processes makes direct use of oxygen?
3. Kreb's citric acid cycle
4. Electron transport
Which statement is wrong for Krebs' cycle?
1. There are three points in the cycle where NAD+ is reduced to NADH + H+
2. There is one point in the cycle where FAD+ is reduced to FADH2
3. During conversion of succinyl Co-A to succinic acid, a molecule of GTP is synthesised
4. The cycle starts with condensation of acetyl group (acetyl Co-A) with pyruvic acid to yield citric acid
Which of the following biomolecules is common to respiration-mediated breakdown of fats, carbohydrates and proteins?
(1) Glucose -6-phosphate
(2) Fructose 1,6-bisphosphate
(3) Pyruvic acid
(4) Acetyl Co-A
Oxidative phosphorylation is
(1) formation of ATP by transfer of phosphate group from a substrate to ADP
(2) oxidation of phosphate group in ATP
(c) addition of phosphate group to ATP
(4) formation of ATP by energy release from electrons removed during substrate oxidation.
In which one of the following processes CO2 is not released?
1. Aerobic respiration in plants
2. Aerobic respiration in animals
3. Alcoholic fermentation
4. Lactate fermentation