How do cells at the completion of meiosis compare with cells that have replicated their DNA and are just about to begin meiosis?
1. They have twice the amount of cytoplasm and half the amount of DNA.
2. THey have half the number of chromosomes and half the amount DNA.
3. They have the same number of chromosomes and half the amount of DNA.
4. They have half the number of chromosomes and one-fourth the amount of DNA.
If the DNA content of an onion tip cell is 2C at the end of M phase, what would be its DNA content at the end of S phase?
The cell shown in the given diagram is in:
1. Early prophase
2. Late prophase
In oocyte of some vertebrates, the stage of meiosis I that can last for months or years would be:
When a cell stops growing, say due to shortage of nutrients, this will occur in which phase of the cell cycle?
At what phase of meiosis are homologous chromosomes separated ?
1. Prophase l
2. Prophase ll
3. Anaphase l
4. Anaphase ll
Anaphase promoting complex (APC) is a protein degradation machinery necessary for proper mitosis of animal cells. If APC is defective in a human cell, which of the following is expected to occur?
(1) Chromosomes will not condense
(2) Chromosomes will be fragmented
(3) Chomosomes will not segregate
(4) Recombinantion of chromosome arms will occur
DNA replication in bacteria occurs
(1) during S-phase
(2) within nucleolus
(3) prior to fission
(4) just before transcription
Which of the following options gives the correct sequences of events during mitosis?
During cell growth, DNA synthesis takes place in