Locomotion is a very important feature in animals. Considering the frequent need for locomotion in animals, an animal would obtain the greatest benefit from storing its energy as:
Populations subsisting primarily on corn would likely to suffer from:
3. Bleeding disorders
4. Beri beri
In the average composition of a cell, the maximum % of total cellular mass [after water and protein] is constituted by:
3. Nucleic acids
Where would you expect to find serine and alanine amino acids in a globular protein in aqueous solution?
(a) Serine would be in the interior, and alanine would be on the exterior of the globular protein.
(b) Alanine would be in the interior, and serine would be on the exterior of the globular protein.
(c) Both serine and alanine would be in the interior of the globular protein.
(d) Both serine and alanine would be on the exterior of the globular protein.
The vitamin Niacin functions as a coenzyme in:
1. Nucleoprotein synthesis
2. Hydrogen transport
3. Fatty acid synthesis
4. RBC production
The six most common atoms in organic molecules are:
1. Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Helium, Calcium and Sulphur
2. Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Calcium, Magnesium and Sulphur
3. Carbon, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Sulphur, Phosphorous and Magnesium
4. Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Sulphur
The unique properties of each amino acid are determined by its particular:
1. R group
2. Amino group
3. Kinds of peptide bonds
4. Number of bonds to other amino acids
Based on the graph of an enzyme-catalyzed reaction, which of the following could be used to increase the reaction rate beyond point C?
1. increase the amount of substrate
2. add more water
3. increase the temperature
4. decrease enzyme concentration
Which of the following biomolecules does have a phosphodiester bond?
(1) Fatty acids in a diglyceride
(2) Monosaccharides in a polysaccharide
(3) Amino acids in a polypeptide
(4) Nucleic acids in a nucleotide
The chitinous exoskeleton of arthopods is formed by the polymerisation of
(1) keratin sulphate and chondroitin sulphate
(3) N-acetyl glucosamine