The portion of human stomach into which the oesophagus opens is the:-
Muscularis layer of the wall of the alimentary canal is formed by:-
1. Smooth muscle arranged into an inner longitudinal and an outer circular layer
2. Smooth muscle arranged into an inner circular and an outer longitudinal layer
3. Skeletal muscle arranged into an inner longitudinal and an outer circular layer
4. Skeletal muscle arranged into an inner circular and an outer longitudinal layer
The optimum pH for the enzyme salivary amylase is:
Intrinsic factor is secreted by the_cells of the human stomach.
1. Mucus neck cells
2. Chief cells
3. Oxyntic cells
Which of the following is a sub-mucosal gland?
1. Oxyntic glands of stomach
2. Crypts of Lieberkuhn of small intestine
3. Brunner's glands of the duodenum
4. Goblet cells
To move into the intestinal mucosa, fatty acids and glycerol are first incorporated into:
A mass peristaltic movement is responsible for:-
1. Release of bile and pancreatic juice into the duodenum
2. Passage of chyme from stomach to duodenum
Populations subsisting primarily on corn would likely to suffer from:
3. Bleeding disorders
4. Beri beri
Which of the following glandular secretions involved in digestion would be most likely released initially as inactive precursors ?
(1) protein-digesting enzymes
(2) fat-solublizing bile salts
(3) acid-neutralising bicarbonate
(4) hormones such as gastrin
What prevents the backflow of fecal matter into the small intestine?
1. Ileo-caecal valve
2. Sphincter of Boyden
3. Meckel's diverticulum
4. Plicae semilunaris