1. is always followed by interphase
2. is not followed by any period of rest
3. is followed by a period of interkinesis
4. is sometimes followed by interphase
The centrioles replicate during:
1. G1 phase
2. S phase
3. G2 phase
4. Early prophase
Bivalent chromosomes clearly appear as tetrads during:
The beginning of diplotene is recognized by:
1. appearance of recombination nodules
2. crossing over
3. dissolution of synaptonemal complex
4. appearance of chiasmata
Consider the given two statements:
l. During G1 phase the cell is metabolically active and continuously grows but does not replicate its DNA.
ll. During G2 phase, proteins are synthesized in preparation for mitosis while cell growth continues.
Of the two statements:
1. Only l is correct
2. Only ll is correct
3. Both l and ll are correct
4. Both l and ll are incorrect
How do cells at the completion of meiosis compare with cells that have replicated their DNA and are just about to begin meiosis?
1. They have twice the amount of cytoplasm and half the amount of DNA.
2. THey have half the number of chromosomes and half the amount DNA.
3. They have the same number of chromosomes and half the amount of DNA.
4. They have half the number of chromosomes and one-fourth the amount of DNA.
If the DNA content of an onion tip cell is 2C at the end of the M-phase, what would be its DNA content at the end of the S-phase?
The cell shown in the given diagram is in:
1. Early prophase
2. Late prophase
In oocyte of some vertebrates, the stage of meiosis I that can last for months or years would be:
At what phase of meiosis are homologous chromosomes separated ?
1. Prophase l
2. Prophase ll
3. Anaphase l
4. Anaphase ll