Random genetic drift in a population probably results from
1. large population size
2. highly genetically variable individuals
3. interbreeding within small isolated population
4. constant low mutation rate
Which one of the following features is closely related with the evolution of humans?
1. Loss of tail
2. Shortening of jaws
3. Binocular vision
4. Flat nails
Homo sapiens evolved during
Identify the correct sequence in which the following substances have appeared during the course of evolution of life on earth.
1. glucose, amino acids, nucleic acids, proteins
2. ammonia, amino acids, proteins, nucleic acids
3. water, amino acids, nucleic acids, enzymes
4. amino acids, ammonia, phosphates, nucleic acids
In which condition the gene ratio remains constant for any species?
1. Sexual selection
2. Random mating
4. Gene flow
Darwin's theory of pangenesis shows similarity with theory of inheritance of acquired characters then what will be correct according to it?
1. Useful organs become strong and developed while useless organs become extinct. These organs help in struggle for survival
2. Size of organs increase with ageing
3. Development of organs is due to will power
4. There should be some physical basis of inheritance
Presence of gills in the tadpole of frog indicates that
1. fishes were amphibian in the past
2. fishes evolved from frog-like ancestors
3. frogs will have gills in future
4. frogs evolved from gilled ancestors
'Golden age of dinosaurs'/Age of reptiles was
Reason of diversity in living being is
2. gradual change
3. long term evolutionary change
4. short term evolutionary change
Which of following is closest relative of man?