Select the correct statement.
1. Glucagon is associated with hypoglycemia.
2. Insulin acts on pancreatic cells and adipocytes.
3. Insulin is associated with hyperglycemia.
4. Glucocorticoids stimulate gluconeogenesis.
Match the follwing columns and select the correct option.
(a) Pituitary gland (i) Grave's disease
(b) Thyroid gland (ii) Diabetes mellitus
(c) Adrenal gland (iii) Diabetes insipidus
(d) Pancreas (iv) Addison's diseae
a b c d
(1) (iii) (ii) (i) (iv)
(2) (iii) (i) (iv) (ii)
(3) (ii) (i) (iv) (iii)
(4) (iv) (iii) (i) (ii)
A rise in a heartbeat, increase in the cardiac output, blood pressure and blood sugar occurs during an emergency, by the hormone
2. Antidiuretic hormone
Match the following columns and select the correct option:-
Hormones stored and released from neurohypophysis are:-
1. Thyroid-stimulating hormone and Oxytocin
2. Oxytocin and Vasopressin
3. Follicle-stimulating hormone and leutinizing hormone
4. Prolactin and Vasopressin
Which of the following conditions will stimulate parathyroid gland to release parathyroid hormone ?
1. Fall in active Vitamin D levels
2. Fall in blood Ca+2 levels
3. Fall in bone Ca+2 levels
4. Rise in blood Ca+2 levels
Artificial light, extended work-time and reduced sleep-time disrupt the activity of
1. Thymus gland
2. Pineal gland
3. Adrenal gland
4. Posterior pituitary gland
Identify A, B and C in the diagrammatic representation of the mechanism of hormone action.
Select the correct option from the following:
1. A = Steroid Hormone; B = Hormone receptor Complex; C = Protein
2. A = Protein Hormone; B = Receptor; C = Cyclic AMP
3. A = Steroid Hormone; B = Receptor; C = Second Messenger
4. A = Protein Hormone; B = Cyclic AMP; C = Hormone-receptor Complex
Which of the following hormones is responsible for both the milk ejection reflex and the foetal ejection reflex?
Erythropoietin, hormone which stimulates R.B.C. formation, is produced by:
1. The cells of bone marrow
2. Juxtaglomerular cells of the kidney
3. Alpha cells of the pancreas
4. The cells of the rostral adenohypophysis