Given a sample of Radium-226 having half-life of 4 days. Find the probability, a nucleus disintegrates after 2 half lives [IIT-JEE 2006]
(1) 1 (2) 1/2 (3) 1.5 (4) 3/4
A nucleus ruptures into two nuclear parts, which have their velocity ratio equal to 2:1. what will be the ratio of their nuclear size (nuclear radius) ? 
(1) (2) (3) (4)
The half-life of a radioactive material is 3h. If the initial amount is 300g, then after 18h, it will remain
(a) 4.68 g (b) 46.8 g
(c) 9.375 g (d) 93.75 g
Half-life of a radioactive substance is 20 min. Difference between points of time when it is 33% disintegrated and 67% disintegrated is approximately-
(1) 10 min (2) 20 min (3) 30 min (4) 40 min
When two deuterium nuclei fuse together to form a tritium nuclei, we get a [CPMT 2000]
(1) Neutron (2) Deutron (3) -particle (4) Proton
In any fission process the ratio is 
(1) less than 1
(2) greater than 1
(3) equal to 1
(4) depends on the mass of parent nucleus
In nuclear fission process, energy is released because 
(1) mass of products is more than mass of nucleus.
(2) total binding energy of products formed due to nuclear fission is more than that the parent fissionable material.
(3) total binding energy of products formed due to nuclear fission is less than parent fissionable material.
(4) mass of some particles is converted into energy.