Which part of poppy plant is used to obtain the drug Smack?
Transplantation of tissues/organs fails often due to non-acceptance by the patient's body. Which type of immune-response is responsible for such rejections?
1. Cell-mediated immune response
2. Hormonal immune response
3. Physiological immune response
4. Autoimmune response
MALT constitutes about _______ percent of the lymphoid tissue in the human body.
Asthma may be attributed to
1. allergic reaction of the mast cells in the lungs
2. inflammation of the trachea
3. accumulation of fluid in the lungs
4. bacterial infection of the lungs
Which of the following statements is not true for cancer cells in relation to mutations?
1. Mutations destroy telomerase inhibitor
2. Mutations inactivate the cell control
3. Mutations inhibit production of telomerase
4. Mutations in proto-oncogenes accelerate the cell cycle
Which of the following sets of diseases is caused by bacteria?
|1.||Cholera and tetanus||2.||Typhoid and smallpox|
|3.||Tetanus and mumps||4.||Herpes and influenza|
Which of the following is correct regarding AIDS causative agent HIV?
|1.||HIV is an enveloped virus containing one molecule of single-stranded RNA and one molecule of reverse transcriptase|
|2.||HIV is an enveloped virus that contains two identical molecules of single-stranded RNA and two molecules of reverse transcriptase|
|3.||HIV is an unenveloped retrovirus|
|4.||HIV does not escape but attacks the acquired immune response|