Which of the following joints would allow no movement?
1. Fibrous joint
2. Cartilaginous joint
3. Synovial joint
4. Ball and socket joint
Which of the following is not a function of the skeletal system?
1. Production of erythrocytes
2. Storage of minerals
3. Production of body heat
Sliding filament theory can be best explained as
Select the correct matching of the types of the joint with the example in human skeletal system:
|Types of joint||Examples|
|(1) cartilaginous joint||between frontal and pariental|
|(2) Pivot joint||between third and fourth cervical vertebrae|
|(3) Hinge joint||between humerus and pectoral girdle|
|(4) Gliding joint||between carpals|
Stimulation of a muscle fiber by a motor neuron occurs at:
1. the neuromuscular junction
2. the transverse tubules
3. the myofibril
4. the sacroplasmic reticulum
The characteristics and an example of a synovial joint in humans is
|(1)||Fluid filled between two joints, provide cushion||Skull Bones|
|(2)||Lymph filled between two bones, limited motion||Gliding joint between carpals|
|(3)||Fluid filled synovial cavity between two bones||Joint between atlas and axis|
|(4)||Fluid cartilage between two bones, limited motion||Knee joint|
Select the correct statement with respect to locomotion in humans:
1. Accumulation of uric crystals in joints causes their inflammation
2. The vertebral column has 10 thoracic vertebae.
3. The joint between adjacent vertebrae is a fibrous joint
4. The decreased level of progesterone causes osteoporosis in old people
The H-zone in the skeletal muscle fibre is due to:
1. The central gap between myosin filaments in the A-band.
2. The central gap between actin filaments extending through myosin filaments in the A-band.
3. Extension of myosin filaments in the central portion of the A-band
4. The absence of myofibrils in the central portion of A-band.
Select the correct statement regarding the specific disorder of muscular or skeletal system.
1. Muscular dystrophy - age related shortening of muscles
2. Osteoporosis- decrease in bone mass and higher chances of fractures with advancing age
3. Myasthenia gravis- auto immune disorder which inhibits sliding of myosin filaments
4. Gout- inflammation of joints due to extra deposition of calcium