Anxiety and eating spicy food together in an otherwise normal human, may lead to
Populations subsisting primarily on corn would likely to suffer from:
3. Bleeding disorders
4. Beri beri
Which of the following components of our food are taken in small quantities?
(1) Carbohydrate and proteins
(2) Proteins and minerals
(3) Proteins and lipids
(4) Minerals and vitamins
(1) Adenoid present on pharyngeal wall
(2) Tonsils located on lateral wall of soft palate
(3) Fold attaching tongue to the floor of oral cavity
(4) V-shaped sulcus for terminalis on tongue
In addition to neural control, hormones also influence the:
(1) Gastric secretions
(2) Intestinal secretions
(3) Muscular activities of different parts of alimentary canal
(4) All are correct
Which of the following cannot be the parasites of intestine?
Process of conversion of complex food substances to simple absorbable form is called :-
Muscularis layer in the wall of the alimentary canal is formed by smooth muscles usually arranged into:-
1. an inner circular and an outer longitudinal layer.
2. an inner longitudinal and an outer circular layer.
3. both circular layers
4. both longitudinal layers
The hard chewing surface of teeth helping in mastication of food is called:
In mammals, the teeth are.
I. only two sets, present throughout life.
II. embedded in the socket of the jaw bones.
III. different types.
These conditions are respectively referred as
1. diphyodont, heterodont and thecodont
2. diphyodont, thecodont and heterodont
3. the codont, diphyodont and heterodont
4. thecodon, heterodont and diphyodont