D(+) glucose yields an oxime with hydroxyl amine . The structure of the oxime would be:
The disease caused by deficiency of vitamin B1 is:
Sucrose can be formed by :
1. α–D–galactopyranose and α–D–glucopyranose
2. α–D–glucopyranose and β–D–fructofuranose
3. β–D–galactopyranose and α–D–fructofuranose
4. α–D–galactopyranose and β–D–fructopyranose
Which one of the following statements is not true regarding (+) lactose?
1. (+) lactose is a -glycoside and a molecule of D(+) galactose
2. (+) lactose is a reducing sugar and does not exhibit mutarotation
3. (+) lactose, contains 8-0 H groups
4. On hydrolysis (+) lactose gives equal amount of D(+) glucose and D(+) galactose
Which of the following is not a fat soluble vitamin ?
1. Vitamin A
2. Vitamin B complex
3. Vitamin D
4. Vitamin E
Which of the statements about "Denaturation" given below are correct?
|(a)||Denaturation of proteins causes loss of secondary and tertiary structures of the protein.|
|(b)||Denaturation leads to the conversion of double strand of DNA into a single strand.|
|(c)||Denaturation affects primary structure which gets distorted.|
1. (a), (b) and (c)
2. (b) and (c)
3. (a) and (c)
4. (a) and (b)
Which one of the following does not exhibit the phenomenon of mutarotation?
1. (+) Sucrose
2. (+) Lactose
3. (+) Maltose=
4. (-) Fructose
Fructose reduces Tollen's reagent due to:
|1.||Primary alcoholic group|
|2.||Secondary alcoholic group|
|3.||Enolisation of fructose followed by conversion to aldehyde by base|
The segment of DNA, that acts as the instrumental manual for the synthesis of the protein is -
Which of the following hormones contains iodine?