Match the metal ions given in Column I with the spin magnetic moments of the ions given in Column II and assign the correct code:
|Column I||Column II|
|a. Co3+||i. √8 B.M.|
|b. Cr3+||ii. √35 B.M.|
|c. Fe3+||iii. √15 B.M.|
|d. Ni2+||iv. √24 B.M.|
Name the gas that can readily decolourise acidified KMnO4 solution.
A gas that can readily decolorize an acidified KMnO4 solution is:
HgCl2 and I2 both, when dissolved in water containing ions the pair of species formed is:
The reason for greater range of oxidation states in actinoids is attributed to:
1. Actinoid Contraction
2. 5f, 6d and 7s levels having comparable energies.
3. 4f and 5d levels being close in energies.
4. The radioactive nature of actinoids
Which one of the following statements related to lanthanons is incorrect?
(1) Europium shows +2 oxidation state
(2) The basicity decreases as the ionic radius decreases from Pr to Lu
(3) All the lanthanons are much more reactive than aluminium
(4) Ce (+4) solutuion are widely used as oxidising agent in volumetric analysis
Zinc can be coated on iron to produce galvanised iron, but the reverse is not possible because:
|1.||Zinc is lighter than iron.|
|2.||Zinc has a lower melting point than iron.|
|3.||Zinc has a lower negative reduction potential than iron.|
|4.||Zinc has a higher negative reduction potential than iron.|
When copper is heated with conc. HNO3 it produces:
1. Cu(NO3) and NO
2. Cu(NO3)2, NO and NO2
3. Cu(NO3)2 and N2O
4. Cu(NO3)2 and NO2