Which of the following statements is incorrect?
1. ATP is synthesized through complex V.
2. Oxidation-reduction reactions produce proton gradient in respiration.
3. During aerobic respiration, the role of oxygen is limited to the terminal stage.
4. In ETC (Electron Transport Chain), one molecule of NADH+H+ gives rise to 2ATP molecules, and one FADH2 gives rise to 3 ATP molecules.
The number of substrate level of phosphorylations in one turn of citric acid cycle is
Pyruvate dehydrogenase activity during aerobic respiration requires :-
Conversion of glucose to glucose-6-phosphate, the first irreversible reaction of glycolysis, is catalyzed by:
Respiratory Quotient (RQ) value of tripalmitin is:
Where is the respiratory electron transport system (ETS) located in plants?
1. Mitochondrial matrix
2. Outer mitochondrial membrane
3. Inner mitochondrial membrane
4. Intermembrane space
1. Enzymes of TCA cycle are present in mitochondrial matrix.
2. Glycolysis occurs in cytosol.
3. Glycolysis operates as long as it is supplied with NAD that can pick up hydrogen atoms.
4. Oxidative phosphorylation takes place in outermitochondrial membrane.
Which statement is wrong for Krebs' cycle?
1. There is one point in the cycle where FAD+ is reduced to FADH2 .
2. During conversion of succinyl CoA to succinic acid, a molecule of GTP is synthesized.
3. The cycle starts with condensation of acetyl group (accetyl CoA) with pyruvic acid to yield citric acid.
4. There are three points in the cycle where NAD+ is reduced to NADH + H+.
Which of the following biomolecules is common to respiration-mediated breakdown of fats, carbohydrates and proteins?
2. Fructose 1, 6-bisphosphate
3. Pyruvic acid
4. Acetyl Co-A