A common characteristic feature of plant sieve tube cells and most mammalian erythrocytes is
1. absence of mitochondria
2. presence of cell wall
3. presence of haemoglobin
4. absence of nucleus
Select which one is not true for ribosome
1. Made up of two sub-units
2. Form polysome
3. May attach to mRNA
4. Have no role in protein synthesis
Which one of these is not a eukaryote?
Which of the following stain is not used for staining chromosomes?
1. Basic fuschsin
3. Methylene blue
Different cells have different sizes. Arrange the following cells in an ascending order of their size. Choose the correct option among the followings.
II. Ostrich eggs
III. Human RBC
1. I, IV, III, II
2. I, I, IIL, IV
3. II, I, III, IV
4. III, II, I, IV
Which of the following features is common to prokaryotes and many eukaryotes?
1. Chromatin material present
2. Cell wall present
3. Nuclear membrane present
4. Membrane bound sub-cellular organelles present
Who proposed the fluid mosaic model of plasma membrane?
1. Camillo Golgi
2. Schleiden and Schwann
3. Singer and Nicolson
4. Robert Brown
Which of the following statement is true for a secretory cell?
1. Golgi apparatus is absent
2. Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum (RER)is easily observed in the cell.
3. Only Smooth Endoplasmic Reticulum (SER) is present.
4. Secretory granules are formed in nucleus.
What is a tonoplast?
1. outer membrane of mitochondria
2. inner membrane of mitochondria
3. membrane boundary of the vacuole of plants cell
4. cell membrane of plant cell
Which of the following is not true of a eukaryotic cell?