Which of the following statement is correct?
|1.||Ovules are not enclosed by the ovary wall in gymnosperms.|
|2.||Selaginella is heterosporous, while Salvinia is homosporous.|
|3.||Horsetails are gymnosperms.|
|4.||Stems are usually unbranched in both Cycas and Cedrus.|
An example of colonial alga is
Double fertilisation is exhibited by
Zygotic meiosis is characteristic of?
Life cycles of Ectocarpus and Fucus respectively are:
1. Diplontic, Haplodiplontic
2. Haplodiplontic, Diplontic
3. Haplodiplontic, Haplontic
4. Haplontic, Diplontic
Select the mismatch
1. Cycas - Dioecious
2. Salvinia - Heterosporous
3. Equisetum - Homosporous
4. Pinus - Dioecious
Conifers are adapted to tolerate extreme environmental conditions because of
(1) broad hardy leaves
(2) superficial stomata
(3) thick cuticle
(4) the presence of vessels
Select the correct statement.
(1) Salvinia, Ginkgo and Pinus all are gymnosperms
(2) Sequoia is one of the tallest trees
(3) The leaves of gymnosperms are not well adapted to extremes of climate
(4) Gymnosperms are both homosporous and heterosporous
Which one of the following statements is wrong?
|1.||Algae increase the level of dissolved oxygen in the immediate environment|
|2.||Algin is obtained from red algae and carrageenan from brown algae|
|3.||Agar-agar is obtained from Gelidium and Gracilaria|
|4.||Laminaria and Sargassum are used as food|