Which one of the following is not a correct statement?
1. Botanical Gardens have collection of living plants for reference.
2. A museum has collection of photographs of plants and animals
3. Key is taxonomic aid for identification of specimens.
4. herbarium houses dried, pressed and preserved plant specimens
Which one of the following is common to multicellular fungi, filamentous algae and protonema of mosses?
1. Diplontic life cycle
2. Members of kingdom-Plantae
3. Mode of nutrition
4. Multiplication by fragmentation
1. Cuttlefish – Mollusca, a class
2. Humans – Primate, the family
3. Housefly – Musca, an order
4. Tiger – Tigris, the species
Which one of the following aspects is an exclusive characteristic of living things?
1. Increase in mass by accumulation of material
both on surface as well as internally
2. Isolated metabolic reactions occurring in vitro
3. Increase in mass from outside only
4. Perception of events happening in the environment and their memory
Two plants can be conclusively said to belong to the same species if they:
1. can reproduce freely with each other and form seeds
2. have more than 90 per cent similar genes
3. look similar and possess identical secondary metabolites
4. have same number of chromosomes
The living organisms can be unexceptionally distinguished from the non-living things on the basis of their ability for:
1. responsiveness to touch
2. interaction with the environment and progressive evolution
4. growth and movement
ICBN stands for :
1. Indian Congress of Biological Names
2. International Code of Botanical Nomenclature
3. Indian Code of Botanical Nomenclature
4. International Congress of Biological Names