Match the following group of organisms with their respective distinctive characteristics and select the correct option :

Organisms Characteristics
(a) Platyhelminthes (i) Cylindrical body with no segmentation
(b) Echinoderms (ii) Warm blooded animals with direct development
(c) Hemichordates (iii) Bilateral symmetry with incomplete digestive system
(d) Aves (iv) Radial symmetry with indirect development
 
(a) (b) (c) (d)
1. (iii) (iv) (i) (ii)
2. (ii) (iii) (iv) (i)
3. (iv) (i) (ii) (iii)
4. (i) (ii) (iii) (iv)
Subtopic:  Phylum Ctenophora | Phylum Echinodermata | Phylum Hemichordata | Study of Aves & Mammals |
 86%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

What is the number of animals, amongst the animals given below, that have both a four-chambered heart and endothermy?

Crocodilus, Aptendytes, Canis, Calotes, Struthio, Delphinus, Testudo, Ichthyophis

1. 3 2. 4
3. 5 4. 6
Subtopic:  Phylum Chordata | Study of Reptilia | Study of Aves & Mammals |
 50%
Level 3: 35%-60%
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Match each item in Column-I with one in Column-II and select the correct match from the codes given:
Column-I Column-II
A. Petromyzon P. A jawless vertebrate
B. Icthyophis Q. A limbless amphibian
C. Struthio R. A flightless bird

Codes
A B C
1. Q R P
2. Q P R
3. P Q R
4. P R Q
Subtopic:  Phylum Chordata | Comparative study of Cartilagenous & Bony Fishes | Study of Amphibians | Study of Aves & Mammals |
 89%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints

advertisementadvertisement

A four-chambered heart is seen in:
1. Amphibians, Reptiles, and Birds
2. Crocodiles, Birds, and Mammals
3. Crocodiles, Lizards, and Turtles
4. Lizards, Mammals, and Birds
Subtopic:  Study of Reptilia | Study of Aves & Mammals |
 95%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Statement I: Birds and mammals are warm-blooded.
Statement II: All mammals are oviparous.
 
1. Statement I is correct; Statement II is correct
2. Statement I is correct; Statement II is incorrect
3. Statement I is incorrect; Statement II is correct
4. Statement I is incorrect; Statement II is incorrect
Subtopic:  Study of Aves & Mammals |
 90%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Identify the group where all given animals are warm blooded [homoiothermous]:
1. Aptenodytes, Struthio, Pteropus, Macaca
2. Neophron, Columba, Crocodilus, Testudo
3. Balaeonoptera, Equus, Psittacula, Salamandra 
4. Corvus, Marcopus, Naja, Hyla
Subtopic:  Study of Aves & Mammals |
 84%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

advertisementadvertisement