Fats and proteins can also provide us energy. For this to happen:

1. Fats and proteins must first be converted to glucose
2. Fats and proteins must enter separate catabolic pathways of their own
3. Fats and proteins must be modified to forms that can enter the glucose metabolic pathway
4. Fats must first be converted to proteins that can enter the glucose metabolic pathway
Subtopic:  Amphibolic Nature of Respiration |
 79%
Level 2: 60%+
Hints

Consider the given two statements:
Statement I: Fatty acids would be broken down to acetyl CoA before entering the respiratory
pathway when it is used as a substrate.
Statement II: When the organism needs to synthesise fatty acids, acetyl CoA would be
withdrawn from the respiratory pathway for it.
 
1. Statement I is correct; Statement II is incorrect
2. Statement I is incorrect; Statement II is correct
3. Statement I is incorrect; Statement II is incorrect
4. Statement I is correct; Statement II is correct
Subtopic:  Amphibolic Nature of Respiration | THE RESPIRATORY BALANCE SHEET |
 85%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Consider the two statements:
Statement I: Fatty acids would be broken down to acetyl CoA before entering the respiratory pathway when it is used as a substrate.
Statement II:  When the organism needs to synthesise fatty acids, acetyl CoA would be withdrawn from the respiratory pathway for it.
1. Statement I is correct: Statement II is incorrect
2. Statement I is correct: Statement II is correct
3. Statement I is incorrect: Statement II is incorrect
4. Statement I is incorrect: Statement II is correct
Subtopic:  Amphibolic Nature of Respiration |
 85%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

advertisementadvertisement

Given below are two statements: 
Assertion (A): The respiratory pathway is an amphibolic pathway.
Reason (R): The respiratory pathway is involved in both anabolism and catabolism.
 
1. Both (A) and (R) are True and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
2. Both (A) and (R) are True but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
3. (A) is True but (R) is False.
4. (A) is False but (R) is True.
Subtopic:  Amphibolic Nature of Respiration |
 93%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.