D-Glucose  \(\xrightarrow[]{\textbf{?}}\) Saccharic acid

The oxidizing reagent used for this conversion is:
1. HI
2. Bromine water
3. HNO3 
4. H2SO4

Subtopic:  Polysaccharides & their Importance |
 72%
Level 2: 60%+
Hints

The compound that does not reduce Benedict's solution is: 

1. Glucose 2. Fructose
3. Sucrose 4. Aldehyde
Subtopic:  Polysaccharides & their Importance |
 76%
Level 2: 60%+
Hints

Sucrose on hydrolysis gives:

1. α-D-Glucose + β-D-Glucose

2. α-D-Glucose + β-D-Fructose

3. α-D-Fructose + β-D-Fructose

4. β-D-Glucose + α-D-Fructose

Subtopic:  Polysaccharides & their Importance |
 87%
Level 1: 80%+
NEET - 2020
Hints

advertisementadvertisement

Which of the following correctly describes sucrose?

a. Monosaccharide b. Disaccharide
c. Reducing sugar d. Non-reducing sugar

Choose the correct option:

1. a and b 2. b and c
3. c and d 4. b and d
Subtopic:  Polysaccharides & their Importance |
 89%
Level 1: 80%+
Hints

The main component present in starch and glycogen is:
1. Amylose
2. Glycose
3. Amylopectin
4. Cellulose

Subtopic:  Polysaccharides & their Importance |
 61%
Level 2: 60%+
Hints

Given below are two statements:
Statement I: Glycogen is similar to amylose in its structure.
Statement II: Glycogen is found in yeast and fungi also.
In the light of the above statements, choose the correct answer from the options given below:
1. Statement I is correct and Statement II is incorrect.
2. Statement I is incorrect and Statement II is correct.
3. Both Statement I and Statement II are correct.
4. Both Statement I and Statement II are incorrect.
Subtopic:  Polysaccharides & their Importance |
Level 3: 35%-60%
NEET - 2024
Hints

advertisementadvertisement