D-Glucose \(\xrightarrow[]{\textbf{?}}\) Saccharic acid
The oxidizing reagent used for this conversion is:
1. HI
2. Bromine water
3. HNO3
4. H2SO4
The compound that does not reduce Benedict's solution is:
| 1. | Glucose | 2. | Fructose |
| 3. | Sucrose | 4. | Aldehyde |
Sucrose on hydrolysis gives:
1. -D-Glucose + -D-Glucose
2. -D-Glucose + -D-Fructose
3. -D-Fructose + -D-Fructose
4. -D-Glucose + -D-Fructose
Which of the following correctly describes sucrose?
| a. | Monosaccharide | b. | Disaccharide |
| c. | Reducing sugar | d. | Non-reducing sugar |
Choose the correct option:
| 1. | a and b | 2. | b and c |
| 3. | c and d | 4. | b and d |
The main component present in starch and glycogen is:
1. Amylose
2. Glycose
3. Amylopectin
4. Cellulose
| Statement I: | Glycogen is similar to amylose in its structure. |
| Statement II: | Glycogen is found in yeast and fungi also. |
| 1. | Statement I is correct and Statement II is incorrect. |
| 2. | Statement I is incorrect and Statement II is correct. |
| 3. | Both Statement I and Statement II are correct. |
| 4. | Both Statement I and Statement II are incorrect. |