Which is not an example of imbibition
1.Raisins soaked in water
2. Wheat grains soaked in water
3. Gram seeds soaked in water
4. A piece of wood soaked in water.
When the cell is flaccid
1. Inflow and outflow of water is in equilibrium
2. Turgor pressure of the cell is 0
3. placed in isotonic solution
4. All of the above.
When a cell is plasmolysed what lies between the cell
wall and the cell membrane?
4. Hypertonic solution
A value that is always negative in a cell is
1. Solute potential
2. Osmotic pressure
3. pressure potential
What is not a part of apoplast?
1. Intercellular spaces
2. Cell Walls
3. Sieve tubes
Mass flow seems to be the prominent mode of transport during
1. Translocation of organic solutes within phloem.
2. traslocation of water and minerals in xylem
3. Apolplastic movement of water in plants
4. All of the above
What is not a part of symplast?
1. Cell membrane
2. Cell wall
A manifestation of root pressure is
4. Negative hydrostatic pressure
One of the following is not a pre-requisite for transpiration?
1. high Vapour pressure deficit of atmosphere
2. Low atmospheric humidity
3.High soil water potential
4. Sunny weather
Which is not an advantage of transpiration.
1. Maintains shape of cells by keeping them turgid
2. Cools down plant surfaces by evaporative cooling
3. Transports minerals.
4. None of the above.