Not an aid to water absorption is
1. The high surface area of roots
2. High water potential of root hair cells
3. Thin cellulosic walls of root hair zone
4. Low concentration of solutes in the soil
The water is free to move between the cells except through the
Continuity of protoplasm in sieve elements is maintained through
1. Cytoplasmic strands
2. P proteins
Which is not an advantage of transpiration.
1. Maintains shape of cells by keeping them turgid
2. Cools down plant surfaces by evaporative cooling
3. Transports minerals.
4. None of the above.
One of the following is not a pre-requisite for transpiration?
1. high Vapour pressure deficit of atmosphere
2. Low atmospheric humidity
3.High soil water potential
4. Sunny weather
A manifestation of root pressure is
4. Negative hydrostatic pressure
What is not a part of symplast?
1. Cell membrane
2. Cell wall
Mass flow seems to be the prominent mode of transport during
1. Translocation of organic solutes within phloem.
2. traslocation of water and minerals in xylem
3. Apolplastic movement of water in plants
4. All of the above
What is not a part of apoplast?
1. Intercellular spaces
2. Cell Walls
3. Sieve tubes
Which is not an example of imbibition
1.Raisins soaked in water
2. Wheat grains soaked in water
3. Gram seeds soaked in water
4. A piece of wood soaked in water.