The cohesive force existing between molecules of water is contributing to :
1. ascent of sap
To initiate cell plasmolysis, the salt concentration must be :
Ascent of sap is mainly attributed to :
1. cohesion force
3. root pressure
Solution concentration is higher in the external solution. The solution is
4. None of the above.
Which of the following statements are true/false?
a. the positive hydrostatic pressure is called turgor pressure.
b. wall pressure exerts to prevent the increase of protoplasm size.
c. diffusion is more rapid in liquids than in gases
d. diffusion of water through a semi-permeable membrane is called imbibition
e. osmosis is movement of substances which takes place along a diffusion gradient.
1. a and b are true & c, d and e are false
2. a and c are true & d, d and e are false
3. a and d are true & b, c and e are false
4. a and e are true & b, c and d are false
Path of water movement from soil to xylem is :
1. soil root hair cortex pericycle endodermis metaxylem protoxylem
2. soil root hair cortex endodermis pericycle protoxylem metaxylem
3. soil root hair epidermis endodermis phloem xylem
4. soil root hair epidodermiscortex phloem xylem
Turgor pressure is also referred to as
1. solute potential
2. water potential
3. pressure potential
4. osmotic potential
The process responsible for the movement of water from roots to all other parts of plants is
1. Evaporation of Water from leaves
2. Capillary action
3. Active transport
4. Both 1 and 2
The combination of pressure potential and solute potential is
1. water potential
2. Osmotic pressure
3. osmotic potential
4. Both b and c
Scientists take advantage of _______________ in studying translocation by phloem.