If alcohol treated cell is kept in hypertonic solution it:
3. Remains same
The loss of water through cuticle may reach upto :
Dry wooden stakes, if driven into a small crack in a rock and then soaked, can develop enough pressure to split the rock. Such a pressure is built up through the phenomenon of :
2. Buttress roots
3. Prop roots
4. Turgor pressure
The cohesive force existing between molecules of water is contributing to :
1. ascent of sap
To initiate cell plasmolysis, the salt concentration must be :
Ascent of sap is mainly attributed to :
1. cohesion force
3. root pressure
Solution concentration is higher in the external solution. The solution is
4. None of the above.
Which of the following statements are true/false?
a. the positive hydrostatic pressure is called turgor pressure.
b. wall pressure exerts to prevent the increase of protoplasm size.
c. diffusion is more rapid in liquids than in gases
d. diffusion of water through a semi-permeable membrane is called imbibition
e. osmosis is movement of substances which takes place along a diffusion gradient.
1. a and b are true & c, d and e are false
2. a and c are true & d, d and e are false
3. a and d are true & b, c and e are false
4. a and e are true & b, c and d are false
Path of water movement from soil to xylem is :
1. soil root hair cortex pericycle endodermis metaxylem protoxylem
2. soil root hair cortex endodermis pericycle protoxylem metaxylem
3. soil root hair epidermis endodermis phloem xylem
4. soil root hair epidodermiscortex phloem xylem
Turgor pressure is also referred to as
1. solute potential
2. water potential
3. pressure potential
4. osmotic potential