The phytohormone which is supposed to be one of the factor responsible for regulating the opening and closing of stomata:
When a plant is flooded it often increases its production of
4. all of the above
The plant hormone, _______________ , plays a role in closing of stomata.
What is the site of perception of photoperiod necessary for induction of flowering in plants?
2. Lateral buds
4. Shoot apex
It takes very long time for pineapple plants to produce flowers. Which combination of hormones can be applied to artificially induce flowering in pineapple plants throughout the year to increase yield?
1. Cytokinin and Abscisic acid
2. Auxin and Ethylene
3. Gibberellin and Cytokinin
4. Gibberellin and Abscisic acid
Parthenocarpic tomato fruits can be produced by:
1. removing androecium of flowers before pollen grains are released
2. treating the plants with low concentrations of gibberellic acid and auxins
3. raising the plants from vernalised seeds
4. treating the plants with phenylmercuric acetate
Removal of shoot tips is a very useful technique to boost the production of tea- leaves. This is because
1. Gibberellins prevent bolting and are inactivated.
2. Auxins prevent leaf drop at early stages.
3. Effect of auxins is removed and growth of lateral buds is enhanced.
4. Gibberellins delay senescence of leaves.
In order to increase the yield of sugarcane crop, which of the following plant growth regulators should be sprayed ?