Water potential in the leaf tissue is positive (+ve) during:
1. Excessive transpiration
2. Low absorption
3. Low transpiration
4. High Transpiration
If cohesion-tension transpiration theory is correct then a break in water column in xylem vessels :
1. should cause the mesophyll cells to become flaccid and result in wilting of leaves.
2. should increase the water contents of leaves
3. shouls have no effect at all
4. should increase the rate of photosynthesis.
Which one is not related to transpiration?
2. Circulation of water
3. Absorption and distribution of mineral salts
4. Regulation of plant body temperature.
A small mesophytic twig with green leaves is dipped into water in a big breaker under sunlight. It demostrates:
4. None of above.
The phytohormone which is supposed to be one of the factor responsible for regulating the opening and closing of stomata:
A plasmolysed cell can be deplasmolysed by placing it in :
1. Pure water or hypotonic solution
2. Hypertonic solution
3. Isotonic solution
4, Saturated solution
If alcohol treated cell is kept in hypertonic solution it:
3. Remains same
The loss of water through cuticle may reach upto :
Which ion accumulate in the guard cells at the time of opening of stomata :