If a cell A with DPD, 4 bars is connected to cells B, C, D whose OP and TP are respectively 4 and and 4, 10 and 5 and 7 and 3 bar, the flow of water will be:
1. C to A, B and D
2. A and D to B and C
3. A to B, C and D
4. B to A, C and D
Plant cells submerges in distilled water will become:
Osmosis is defined as the process in which :
1. Water diffuses from low solute concentration to high solute concentration
2. Solutes diffuse from lower concentration to higher concentration
3. Active transport of ions take place
4. Passive transport of ions take place.
Water potential in the leaf tissue is positive (+ve) during:
1. Excessive transpiration
2. Low absorption
3. Low transpiration
4. High Transpiration
If cohesion-tension transpiration theory is correct then a break in water column in xylem vessels :
1. should cause the mesophyll cells to become flaccid and result in wilting of leaves.
2. should increase the water contents of leaves
3. shouls have no effect at all
4. should increase the rate of photosynthesis.
Which one is not related to transpiration?
2. Circulation of water
3. Absorption and distribution of mineral salts
4. Regulation of plant body temperature.
A plasmolysed cell can be deplasmolysed by placing it in :
1. Pure water or hypotonic solution
2. Hypertonic solution
3. Isotonic solution
4, Saturated solution
If alcohol treated cell is kept in hypertonic solution it:
3. Remains same
The loss of water through cuticle may reach upto :
Dry wooden stakes, if driven into a small crack in a rock and then soaked, can develop enough pressure to split the rock. Such a pressure is built up through the phenomenon of :
2. Buttress roots
3. Prop roots
4. Turgor pressure