The roots shown in diagram are
(1) Adventitious root system
(2) Fibrous root system
(3) Tap root system
(4) All of these
The root is covered at
(1) The Apex of the root by root cap
(2) The base of the stem by the root cap
(3) The base of maturation zone by root cap
(4) The Apex of the zone of elongation by the root cap
The region of meristematic activity has cells of
(1) Small size, thin walled and with dense protoplasm
(2) Large size, thick walled and with the loose protoplasm
(3) Small size, thin walled with loose protoplasm
(4) Large size,thin walled and with dense protoplasm
The region ………. to the region of meristematic activity is called region of elongation?
Which of the following is the region responsible for the growth of the root?
(1) Region of Elongation
(2) Region of Meristem
(3) Region of Maturation
(4) Region of Root cap
The cells coming from which region actually gets differentiated and matured?
(1) Region of Maturation
(2) Region of Elongation
(3) Region of Root cap
(4) Region of Root hair
Which of the following is not correct about root hair?
(2) Delicate and thread like
(3) Absorb water and minerals
(4) Formed by pericycle of the roots
Which of the following roots have same function?
(1) Carrot, Sweet Potato
(2) Potato and Sweet Potato
(3) Turnip and Potato
(4) Banyan and Carrot
Roots are not modified for
Prop roots -