Blue Green algae comes under
(2) Brown Algae
The earliest system of classification does not include which of the following features?
(1) Habit, color, number and shape of leaves
(2) Gross morphology, androecium structure
(3) Vegetative structure
The classification given by Linnaeus was depending on
(3) Structure of androecium
What is the artificial basis of classification?
(1) It is based on vegetative characters only
(2) It is based on few vegetative and reproductive characters
(3) It is based on only reproductive characters
(4) It is based on any random classification
The main reason of failure of artificial classification was
(1) It considered only vegetative characters
(2) It gave more weightage to vegetative characters
(3) It gave more weightage to reproductive characters
(4) It gave equal weightage to both vegetative and reproductive characters
Why are reproductive characters given more weightage during advanced classification?
(1) Vegetative characters are more or less constant over the generation
(2) Reproductive characters are less constant over the generation
(3) Vegetative characters are easy to get affected by environment
(4) Reproductive characters are more or less constant over the generation
George Bentham and Joseph Hooker gave the classification based on
(1) Artificial system
(2) Natural system
(4) Numerical system
Under natural system of classification which of the following cahracter is not considered?
(1) External features
(3) Anatomy, Embryology
Phylogenetic classification systems based on
(1) Evolutionary relationships between the various organism
(2) Organisms belonging to the same taxa may have a different ancestor
(3) Both A and B
(4) Based on cytological information like chromosome number, structure, behavior.
If we want to know evolutionary relationships between organisms then which classification will resolve it :
(1) Artificial classification
(2) Natural classification
(4) Phylogenetic classification