Which of the following is not parameter to affect diffusion concentration?
1 .Gradient of concentration
2. Permeability of the membrane separating them
3. Temperature, Pressure
4. Gas constant
The diffusion of any substance across a membrane depends on
1 .Solubility in proteins
2 .Solubility in carbohydrates
3 .Solubility in lipids
4. Solubility in glycolipids
Substances which are soluble in lipids…….a…...But which have a hydrophilic moiety……..b……
1. a- move slowly
2. a- move similarly as that of others
3. b- move faster
4. a- move faster
Water channels are made up of
1. Eight aquaporins
2. Eight different types of aquaporins
3 .Ten aquaporins
4. Ten different types of aquaporins
Porins are not present in
1. The outer membranes of Plastids
2. The outer membrane of Mitochondria
3. The outer membrane of bacteria
4. Inner membrane of Plastids
Which of the following is not sensitive to inhibitors?
3. Facilitated Diffusion
Which of the following is correct with respect to Facilitated Diffusion?
1. Some channels are always open while others can be controlled
2. All channels are always open
3. Some channels are closed while others are always open
4. No regulation of channels as such.
Molecules move in opposite direction across the membrane by the means of a transport protein, such movement is called
Molecules moves across a membrane independent of other molecules, by the means of membrane protein, the process is called
Which of the following is wrong?
1. Uses energy to transport
2. Uses energy to pump molecules against a concentration gradient
3. Carried out by specific membrane proteins
4. Substances are transported from a high concentration to low concentration