A negative catalyst or inhibitor is one:
1. which retards the rate of reaction
2. takes the reaction in forward direction
3. promotes the side reaction
4. None of the above
Alum helps in purifying water by:
1. Forming Si complex with clay particles.
2. Sulphate part which combines with the dirt and removes it.
3. Aluminium which coagulates the mud particles.
4. Making mud water soluble.
Which of the following does not form anionic micelle?
Milk can be preserved by adding a few drops of?
1. Formic acid solution
2. Formaldehyde solution
3. Acetic acid solution
4. Acetaldehyde solution
When a catalyst is added to a system the:
1. equilibrium concentrations are increased
2. equilibrium concentrations are unchanged
3. the rate of forward reaction is increased and that of backward reaction is decreases
4. value of the equilibrium constant is decreased
Clouds, mist, fog and aerosols are colloidal solution of:
1. solid in a gas
2. gas in a solid
3. liquid in a gas
4. gas in a liquid
What is the index for the Gold number?
1. Protective power of lyophilic colloid.
2. Purity of gold.
3. Metallic gold.
4. Electroplated gold.
Silver iodide is used for producing artificial rain because AgI is:
1. Easy to spray at high altitudes.
2. Easy to synthesize.
3. Having crystal structure similar to ice.
4. Insoluble in water.
Which is an emulsion?
1. Boot polish
4. All of these
Egg albumin is:
1. reversible colloid
2. lyophilic colloid
3. protective colloid
4. all of these