Among the following, which has minimum solubility in water?
Common table salt becomes moist and does not pour easily in rainy season because:
1. It contains magnesium chloride.
2. It contains magnesium carbonate.
3. It melts slightly in rainy season.
4. Sodium chloride is hygroscopic.
A mixture of Al(OH)3 and Fe(OH)3 can be separated easily by treating it with:
Alkali metals are characterised by:
1. Good conductors of heat and electricity.
2. High melting points.
3. Low oxidation potentials.
4. High ionisation potentials.
Excess of dilute sodium hydroxide solution is gradually added with shaking to an aqueous solution of zinc sulphate. What would you observe?
1. A light blue precipitate is first formed which finally dissolves to give a deep blue solution
2. A white precipitate appears which dissolves to give a colourless solution.
3. A white precipitation is formed which does not dissolve
4. No change takes place and the solution remains clear
Which has lowest thermal stability?
An alkali metal that reacts with nitrogen to form nitride is -
4. None of the above
Caustic soda is:
The most basic oxide among the following is:
Pearl ash and caustic potash are chemically:
1. K2CO3 and KOH
2. KOH and K2CO3
3. Na2CO3 and KOH
4. Na2CO3 and NaOH