Which of the following enzyme is exclusively in prokaryotes?
(2) Pyruvate kinase
(1) Nitrate to Nitrite
(2) Nitrogen to Ammonia
(3) Nitrogen to Nitrite
(4) Nitrogen to Nitrate
Which of the following is symbiotic nitrogen fixer?
Which of the following is free living nitrogen fixing cyanobacteria?
(1) Rod shaped
(2) Legume-bacteria relationship
(3) Has relationship with roots of several legumes such as alfalfa, sweet clover sweet pea, Lentils, garden Pea, broad bean and clover beans
(4) All of these
The most common association on roots is as
Rhizobium and Frankia
(1) Free living in soil
(2) Act as symbiont and fix nitrogen
(3) One is found on the roots of non-leguminous plants
(4) All of these
The central portion of nodule is pink in color due to
(1) Leg- haemoglobin
These are the events of Nodule formation:
a. Rhizobia get attached to epidermal and root hair.
b. Rhizobia multiply and colonise the surroundings of roots
c. Bacteria invade the root hair
d. The root hairs curl
e. An infection thread is produced
f. Bacteria are released from the thread into the cells
g. Infection thread carries the bacteria into the cortex of the root
h. The release of bacteria into cortex leads to the differentiation of specialised nitrogen fixing cells
i. Establishment of a direct vascular connection with the host for exchange
j. Nodule is formed finally
k. Initiation of nodule formation in the cortex of the root
Arrange them in order.
Which of the following does not happen during nodule formation?
(1) Rhizobium bacteria contact a susceptible root hair, divide near it
(2) Successful infection of root hair causes it to curl
(3) Infected thread carries the bacteria to the inner cortex
(4) The bacteria get modified into rod shaped bacteroides and cause inner cortical and endodermal cells to divide