Polygonum type embryo sac is
(2) Seven celled with one largest binucleate cell
(3) Eight nucleated with 3 + 2 + 3 arrangement
(4) All are correct
In which organ the growth of pollen tube is observed, till it reaches the ovules?
A plant breeder employ technique of emasculation
1. To cover the flower with a bag
2. To prevent self-pollination
3. To prevent stamen from being contaminated
4. To produce female plant
Which one of the following statement is false in respect of flowering plants?
1. Parthenocarpy can be induced through the application of growth hormones
2. Integuments encircle the ovule except at the tip where a small opening called the germ pore is organized
3. Endosperm development precedes embryo development
4. Apomicts have several advantages in horticulture and agriculture
To form four fully developed Polygonum type of embryosacs in angiosperms total number of meiosis and mitosis divisions generations required are :-
1. 4, 12
2. 1, 3
3. 4, 4
4. 1, 12
Megaspore mother cell differentiates from
1. Nucellus in the micropylar region.
2. Nucellus in the chalazal region.
3. Primary parietal cell in chalazal region.
4. Integument cell in micropylar region.
Pollen tube releases the two male gamete into the:
(1) One male gamete in cytoplasm of synergids and other in cytoplasm of central cell
(2) Both in cytoplasm of central cell
(3) Cytoplasm of Antipodal cell
(4) Both in cytoplasm of synergids
Pollen tube, after reaching the ovary, does not show following event:
(1) Enters the ovule through the micropyle
(2) May enter the ovule through chalaza
(3) Enters one of the synergid through filiform apparatus
(4) Chemotactic movement of pollen tube towards synergid
Both, autogamy and geitonogamy are prevented in:
Active research is going on in many laboratories around the world to understand the genetics of apomixis. What is the purpose of such active research?
(1) Hybrid plants are directly formed by apomixis
(2) Apomixis is the method to produce seed without fertilization
(3) To transfer apomictic genes into hybrid varieties which will prevent loss of hybrid vigour with successive years
(4) Apomixis produces genetically different individuals