Semi-dwarf rice varieties were developed at
1. International Rice Research Institute, Philippines
2. International Rice Research Institute, Mexico
3. International Rice Research Institute, Taiwan
4. International Rice Research institute, India
The rice variety Taichung Native -1 was also used for semi-dwarf variety production and it was from
Which of the following belongs to north India?
1. Sacchaurm barberi
2. Saccharum officinarum
3. Saccharum northien
4. Saccharum Asturian
Saccharum Barberi has not
1. Poor sugar content
2. Poor yield
3. Thick stem
4. Grown in North India
Saccharum officinarum has not
1. Grown well in South India
2. Had thicker stem
3. Higher sugar content
4. Grown well in North India
Which of the following hybrid millet is not grown in India?
1. Hybrid Maize
2. Hybrid Jowar
3. Hybrid Bajra
4. Hybrid sugarcane
Which of the following is not correct?
1. A wide range of fungal, bacterial, and viral pathogens affect the yield of cultivated crop species, especially in tropical climates.
2. Crop losses can often be significant, up to 20-30% or even 100%.
3. Hybrid breeding has led to the development of several high yielding varieties resistant to water stress.
4. The disease-resistant varieties increase our dependence on the use of fungicides and bacteriocides.
Which of the following is not a bacterial disease?
1) Brown rust of wheat
2) Red rot of sugarcane
3) Late blight of potato
4) All of these
Which of the following is not a fungal disease?
1. black rot of crucifers
2. Brown rust of wheat
3. Red rot of sugarcane
4. late blight of potato
Which of the following is a bacterial disease?
1. Tobacco Mosaic
2. Turnip Mosaic
3. black rot of crucifers
4. red rot of sugarcane