Which of the following theory is dismissed by Louis Pasteur's Experiment?
(1) Theory of panspermia
(2) Theory of spontaneous generation
(3) Theory of special creation
(4) Catastrophic theory
Oparin of…… and Haldane of ….. proposed that the first form of life could have come from pre existing …………
(1) Russia, England, non-living inorganic molecules
(2) England, Russia, living organic matter
(3) Russia, England, non-living organic molecules
(4) England, Russia, life
The formation of diverse organic molecules from inorganic molecules was proposed by
(1) L. Miller
(4) Both B and C
Which of the following conditions was not there in the Earth at the time of origin of first life form?
(1) High Temperature
(2) Volcanic storms
(3) Reducing atmosphere
(4) Oxygen,Methane and Ammonia in the environment
Which of the following statements is true?
(1) A British scientist created the conditions proposed by Oparin and Haldane in a closed flask with temperature of 800 degree Celsius in electric discharge along with gases methane, hydrogen, ammonia and water vapour and observed formation of amino acid.
(2) Some similar experimental setups were also prepared by other scientists and formation of sugar, nitrogenous bases, Pigments and Fats was recorded.
(3) The processes of chemical evolution were occurring elsewhere in space was concluded by the analysis of content of gaseous cloud.
(4) The first self replicating metabolic capsule of life arose 3 billion years back.
The first non cellular form of life
(1) Could have originated 3 billion years back.
(2) Were small molecules like RNA, proteins and Polysaccharides etc.
(3) Didn't have property to reproduce perhaps
(4) Both B and C
The first form of life were not
(1) Single cells
(2) in water environment only
(3) originated till about 200million years ago
(4) Both A and B
According to theory of special creation which one is wrong?
(1) All living organisms were created as such
(2) Diversity was same since the creation.
(3) Diversity will increase as the changes in the environment come.
(4) The Earth is about 4000 years ago.
The theory of special creation was not objected by which of the following statements?
(1) Existing life forms share similarities to varying degrees not only among themselves but also with life forms that existed millions of years ago.
(2) Many life forms do not exist now.
(3) There has been gradual evolution of life forms
(4) The Earth was about 4000 years ago.
The theory of special creation was strongly challenged during the nineteenth century on the basis of observation made
(1) During a sea voyage in a sail ship called H.M.S. Beagle round the Europe
(2) During a sea voyage in a sail ship called M.H.S. Beagle round the Africa
(3) During a sea voyage in a sail ship called H.M.S. Beagle round the world
(4) During a sea voyage in a sail ship called M.H.S. Beagle round the world