------- mycoplasma are pathogenic in …….
(1) Many, animals and plants
(2) All, animals and plants
(3) All, animals
(4) All, plants
Which is incorrect regarding protista?
(1) The boundaries of this kigdom is not clear
(2) Forms a link with other organisms
(3) Some have flagella or cilia
(4) No membrane bound organelles
Which of the following was not a feature of kingdom Monera but that of protista?
(1) True genetic recombination
(2) Cell wall
(3) Cellular body organization
(4) Heterotrophic mode of nutrition
Which of the following feature does not hold true for chrysophytes?
(1) Golden algae
(2) Fresh water and aquatic both habitat
(3) Active floating in water
Which of the following features does not go with characteristics of chrysophytes
(1) Diatoms + Desmids
(2) Rarely photosynthetic
(4) Found in both type of aquatic habitat ie marine and fresh water
Diatoms do not possess this character-
(1) Two thick overlapping shell
(2) Soap box type arrangement of cell walls
(3) Indestructible cell walls
(4) Leave cell wall deposits
Diatomaceous earth is a result of accumulation of cell wall deposits of diatoms over
(1) Billions of years
(2) Millions of years
(3) Thousands of years
(4) Hundreds of years
Which of the following feature is not associated with diatoms?
(1) Chief producers of Earth
(2) Form diatomaceous earth which has gritty soil
(3) Gritty soil is used in filtration
(4) Gritty soil is used in polishing
Red tides in the sea are because of
(1) Red dinoflagellates
(3) Red Chrysophytes
(4) Red algae
Dinoflagellates- do not possess which feature?
(1) Marine and photosynthetic
(2) Variety in colors
(3) Cell wall with silica
(4) Two flagella